Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KSofen
    • Apr 2024

Unsupported Options Error on IOS app

Can the .ovpn files or configuration be edited on the iPhone itself using the latest app or 3rd party app? Latest update throws this error: "Your connection configuration contains unsupported options. We recommend removing them, as the next release will entirely disallow them. Contact your Server Admin for more info." It's flagging -ping-timer-rem, -resolv-retry, -tun-mtu-extra, -persist-key, -persist-tun --- but none of those commands are present in the existing configuration file to begin with?

Is there a way to edit the .ovpn file on the iPhone, or do I have to start over from my VPN provider and get a new .ovpn file and manually edit it before importing it into the app?
    Last edited by KSofen; 2024-04-28, 11:57 AM.
  • JosephS
    • Apr 2024

Hi Ksofen,

iOS is notoriously bad when it comes to opening various file extensions with other types of apps. So you may have a hard time finding a text editor through which you'll be able to open and edit the .ovpn config file.
    My advise would be to have the unsupported options removed via text editor on desktop and then import the .ovpn file on to your iOS device.

With Regards,
    JosephS

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡