Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joel.becker
    • Aug 2024

PLAP Availability for Headless Computer with OpenVPN v2.6.x and RDP

I have set up my configuration and client to utilize the Pre-logon Access Provider (PLAP) using username, password, and 2FA authentication with OpenVPN community edition client v2.6.x. I've disabled Windows password caching to enforce VPN connection before Windows login, ensuring that Windows credentials are verified by the domain instead of the local cache.

My goal is to use the computer in a headless configuration. When I physically access the computer, I see the PLAP icon at the login screen. However, when I attempt to use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP), I receive the following error: "We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available." This is expected, as the VPN isn't connected to the authenticating domain. The connection then proceeds to the Windows login screen, but the PLAP icon is not available for me to log into the VPN.

Is PLAP not available through this method of connecting, or am I missing a step to set this up with RDP? Any assistance or insights would be appreciated.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎