Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snspinn
    • Jun 2024

Configuration file suddenly not being opened

I have two self managed servers and two corresponding client config files in my local `/etc/openvpn/client` folder. For some reason, one of the conf files (let's call it cert-1) is failing with the journactl error showing:

Code:
    Jun 25 12:42:21 snspinn-tp openvpn[26496]: Options error: In [CMD-LINE]:1: Error opening configuration file: snspinn-cert-1.conf
    The other file (cert-2) is fine. I've checked the file permissions and they're identical:

Code:
    snspinn@snspinn-tp:~$ ll /etc/openvpn/client/

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9939 Jun 25 12:34 snspinn-cert-1.conf
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10290 Jun 25 12:11 snspinn-cert-2.conf
    Their contents are pretty much identical and I've even played around with commenting out differing line and changing the log level. The only different is the server IP address and the certs themselves. This was also working two days ago. The "Error opening configuration file:" error is pretty useless but I cannot get any more detailed logging. The file at `/var/log/openvpn/openvpn.log` is empty. I'm at the point of guessing and I'm guessing that the error message is incorrect.

Anyone else ever come across anything like this?
    Last edited by snspinn; 2024-06-25, 07:02 AM.
  • snspinn
    • Jun 2024

Nevermind. It's always a typo, it seems!!

Seems my bash/zsh history had a typo somewhere and I didn't notice it before posting this. Apologies 😳

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎