Extra input field for TOTP code, OpenVPN Connect does not work, Tunnelblick works

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCert
    • Jun 2024

Extra input field for TOTP code, OpenVPN Connect does not work, Tunnelblick works

I am also posting the problem here again, as the problem also explicitly affects the OpenVPN Connect Client (openvpn-connect-3.4.4.3412). I don't have the problem with the Tunnelblick client, where an extra input field is displayed for TOTP and this works.

Current status:

Users can connect to the OpenVPN Connect Client (openvpn-connect-3.4.4.3412). A TOTP code is used as the MFA, which is entered directly after the password. (Password+TOTP)

This works very well and there are no problems.

Problem:

The users should have an extra input field for the TOTP code. To do this, I simply added the following line to in the OPENVPN client configuration:

static-challenge "Enter Authenticator Code" 0

I then have the extra input field, but the login no longer works. The error message appears:

AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

What do I have to do so that "Password+TOTP" is simply sent to the server?

It works without any problems with the Tunnelblick client. There I have an extra input field for TOTP and there is no authentication error. Unfortunately, Tunnelblick is only available for MAC and not for Windows.

But surely OpenVPN Connect also supports this?
    Last edited by BCert; 2024-06-25, 04:50 AM.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎